Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a very popular personality both for being a celebrity and as a wrestler. He may be retired already on wrestling but his fame continues as one of the most talented actors on Hollywood. He already starred on many blockbuster movies and highly rated TV shows. The Rock was the main actor on most of those.
Let us know more interesting facts about him below. I bet that you will be surprised on some of these.
- Dwayne Johnson is the first ever third generation wrestler in WWF. In fact his grandfather, father, father in law, including his 3 uncles and 6 cousins are all wrestlers.
- He lived in several places when he was still a kid. These are in Hawaii, Pennsylvania and New Zealand.
- He started playing football in high school and became a very good football prospect going to college. There are a lot of universities pursued him but he chose to attend the University of Miami because it was the only university that didn’t chased him that much.
- Dwayne was born as an American citizen but because of the changes of the Canadian nationality law he became a Canadian citizen also. The reason for this was his father was born in Canada.
- The movie “The Scorpion King” was his first starring role as an actor and he was paid a record setting salary of $5.5 million dollars.
- Johnson finished his course Bachelor of General Studies in Criminology and Physiology in 1995 at the University of Miami.
- His father disapproved at first when he decided to do wrestling but changed his mind when he saw Johnson’s passion towards it. In fact, his father became his first trainer.
- Dwayne Johnson was part and a member of the 1991 Miami Hurricanes’ National Championship team.
- His first wrestling name was Flex Kavana but the name doesn’t click so he debut in WWF as Rocky Maivia, a combination of the ring names of his father and grandfather.
- Only in 1997 when he started using the wrestling name “The Rock”.
- He retired in pro wrestling in 2004 but later returned in WWE as part time only in 2011 to 2013.
- Johnson once appeared in the movie Star Trek as an alien wrestler.
- Forbes named him as the top grossing actor of 2013.
- His stunt double in most of his films is his close cousin Tanoai Reed.
- He has a foundation that helps terminally ill children called Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation.
- Dwayne Johnson was awarded recently with a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.